Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Acceptance - "You are beautiful!"

"You can buy your hair if it won't grow. You can fix your nose if he says so. You can buy all the make-up that M.A.C can make, but if you can't look inside you, you're in a position to make yourself feel so damn un-pretty."

I may have slightly altered the lyrics, however since I am part of the beauty community I feel obliged to send a positive message across to all the beautiful people out there. 
Yesterday, I watched the latest Glee episode and it got me thinking about all those pressures society has placed on being beautiful. It is the modern requirement to look after ones self and that is by no means wrong but at times also healthy.
Saying this however, it is sad to see some people taking it to extremes and young people wanting to alter their physical appearance with surgical means. It's one thing to use makeup to enhance beauty and confidence but it's disturbing to see humans picking faults in their wonderful physical attributes by not embracing it and changing it to something else. It's like cloning or genetically modifying oneself. There is only one thing to say about this and the word is SAD. :(
Include positive thoughts and words in your everyday life. Add it to your interior, it will uplift your spirit and you will learn to love yourself the way you are. Paint a painting or stick post it notes on your desk and on your wall. 
Remind yourself as we all do forget!
So, I guess the purpose of this post is to say embrace yourself, you are truly unique and beautiful. After all, even if you are beautiful on the outside you have to beautify your insides too, so you are able to truly glow from within.
"The thing you hate most about yourself, is the thing that makes you interesting."
itsdstndx0

13 comments:

  1. We are so happy to have just stumbled upon your blog! It is so fantastic! Loving what all you cover.

    We are following you now! Hope you'll come visit us! :)

    I Live For It

    Xx. Jewls and Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You guys are adorable. Of course I'll follow! :Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And i completely agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Raquel! Thanx for stopping by. :Dx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hello I just came across ur blog and it really inspired me so I was hoping maybe u could check out my blog plz?? Here is the link: http://nawalzia.blogspot.com/ I would really appreciate it if u did check it out ^_^ u r also a great writer (: x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful this truly inspired me to think more of me. Before I used to think I wasnt beautiful, but now im finding who I really am. Thanks for this, it means so much in my life, <3 Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your page, the background, pictures and promoting beauty within, girls need to see this more!! Soo thankyou. Check out my blog if you want sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! You girls just made my day! I also sometimes forget & reading your comments made me re-read my post & it reminded me of all we do have & to concentrate on the good rather the bad. So I want to thank you! :Dx

    ReplyDelete
  9. waoo hmmmmmmmmmmm like 03455754042

    ReplyDelete
  10. In searching for 'beautiful photos' I have discovered a real jewel of a blog! R U OK with me pinning the rainbow-colored feathers and linking the pin back to this blog? If possible, I would love to hear by tomorrow morning so I can use the picture to pin back to my Fanpage. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ever day so beautiful
    and all time good

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey MCatherine! Sorry about the late reply. But definitely go ahead, if you have not already. :Dx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an amazing blog I came across one of the pictures and I fell in love immediately :3

    ReplyDelete